Building a backlink profile from About Me is very beneficial because the About.me site has a domain rating of 91 and a URL rating of 85. This is very profitable because it is very certain that a high level of visits, around 57K per month, will ensure that our website is crawled by Google bots.
According to Wikipedia, about.me was founded by Ryan Freitas and Tony Conrad in October 2009. Registered users have the ability to connect multiple online identities and relevant external sites. This site also offers a platform for connecting popular social networking sites such as Flickr, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The site is made up of single-page profiles with an often beautiful background image and a short biography.
About.me was purchased by AOL on December 20, 2010, four days after it went public. AOL retained the company for about twenty-five more months.
Conrad purchased majority control of About.me back from AOL on February 5, 2013. Although no details were provided about the purchase price, Conrad stated that it was only a fraction of what AOL paid for it. Conrad felt that AOL did not have an advantage and that the site was not in line with AOL’s current business model, which emphasizes online content over using social networking services. Following the announcement, the site was reactivated as a startup and began another round of funding.
Broadly acquired About.me on February 21, 2019.
This service provides a free about.me/username webpage or a subscription-based site that offers more features, such as a custom domain and other options.
How to Create Backlink Profile From About.me?
Let’s follow the guide on how to build a backlink profile from about.me as shown in the YouTube video above.
- The first step is to please register on about.me using a Google account.
- Next, fill in your personal data, such as first name, last name, and where you live.
- Choose the one you like, which is in the list.
- Choose one, what do you do?
- and select “Read My Blog” to be a backlink profile for your website.
- Fill in the name of your website that is the target of “read my blog”.
- Enter your profile picture.
- And choose the landing page you like.
- Next, select Continue with free page, which is followed by filling in your about.me URL address.
- Finally, it’s time for you to edit the biography to make it look interesting.
After everything is according to what you wanted, it’s time to test the backlink profile by pressing the “read my blog” button. If the filling is correct, clicking “read my blog” will take you to your website. Make sure you watch from beginning to end the guide to creating a backlink profile from about.me.